“Oppa…”
My gaze landed gently on the unconscious visage. Picking up the familiar, yet cold palm, I pressed it onto my cheeks.
“Oppa… wake up soon… will you…?”
Oppa… why aren’t you waking up yet…? Anesthetic should wear off soon.
My nose soured and I could feel tears stinging my eyes. I immediately stop to take a deep breath to cool myself down.
“Oppa… You should wake up soon…You have slept for a month… That’s long enough…”
I tried hard to force a smile on my cracked lips, “I’m only left with three cranes to a thousand cranes…”
Still, his eyes were tightly shut, shutting him in his own beautiful, surreal world.
I ignored his silence and picked up a piece of origami paper. It was in light fawn.
“Look, Oppa,” I pushed it into his fingers gently, “This is your favorite colour. I’m going to make the last three with this colour, okay?”
As if I got a positive reply from him, I smiled and folded the origami paper into half.
“Oppa… Why do you like fawn so much…?” I looked up momentarily while my fingers were still working on the origami paper, “Is it because you love autumn the most…?”
“Oh yes, you love autumn the most. You said that it’s beautiful.”
----------------------------------------------------
I watched as Changmin placed another paper crane in fawn into the huge bottle gently.
“Do you know why I love fawn so much…?” He asked me softly, so soft that it was almost inaudible, “Because it represents autumn season.”
“Autumn…?”
“Yeah…” A small smile crept up his ever so attractive lips, “And, there’s a beautiful tale behind it.”
I smiled and waited for him to continue.
“Do you know why leaves fall in autumn?” His eyes lit up to light brown in excitement, “Every leaf that falls represents a thousand cranes blessing someone.”
I nodded thoughtfully, “So, when so many leaves fall, aren’t there thousands of cranes blessing thousands of people?”
“Uh-huh.” He flashed me a nonchalant smile.
“Is that why you’re here, folding thousands and thousands of paper cranes with me for the patients in there?” I took a momentarily glance at the patients in the hospital ward though the glass pane.
“You’re such a silly girl. Of course that’s the reason why I’m here, with you.” He chuckled as he pat my head gently.
I smiled.
His passionate heart touched me deeply.
----------------------------------------
“Oppa… Look at the beautiful scenery outside…” I held onto Changmin’s palm as I glanced at the fawn fall outside.
I smiled weakly as I asked, “Oppa… do you think a leaf will fall when I finish the thousand cranes for you…?”
His captivating features remained as still as ever.
“Of course it will.” I smiled bitterly at my pessimism, “And Oppa will wake up, right?”
“I believe in what you say,” I nodded to myself slightly, “I know that you will never lie to me.”
I gave him a small smile as I dropped a paper crane into the huge bottle. Instead of picking up another piece of origami paper, I wrapped my fingers around Oppa’s and caressed it gently with my cheeks.
I have so much to tell him, yet I don’t know which to start with.
Leaning onto the back of his palm now, I whispered, “Oppa… do you know something…? I’m really scared now…”
I knew that Yunho was listening to me even though he was still deep in delta.
“Recently, I underwent a surgery to do a transplant for someone… It was a kidney transplant…” I smiled between my words weakly, “Wells, it’s very successful, so don’t worry…”
I assured him because I knew that he would be very worried if he were to be awake.
“Why do I feel scared when the surgery’s successful…?” I almost heard him ask.
I answered, “I know it’s doing someone a good deed by saving his life… but I realized that I might never get to see him coming to from the coma…”
“He’s someone I love dearly… I would love to see him coming to…” My throat tightened.
“But I guess I will never have the chance to.”
------------------------------------------
“Auntie, please sign the papers.”
Sitting right across the table, Changmin’s mother hesitated.
“Don’t worry, auntie, I have seek my parents’ permission. They have agreed to the transplant.” I persuaded despite knowing the truth is otherwise.
“How can you…?” Worry was imprinted on her visage, “You’re not related to Changmin in anyway… I can’t let you take the risk…”
“I’m his best friend. I’m willing to.” Agitated, I gripped her hand and begged, “Time is running out. If he doesn’t go for this surgery, he might not come to again… Please sign… Auntie…”
A tear slid down my cheeks. I implored again, “Please… auntie...”
She pursed her lips tightly as she debated what to do. Finally, she gave in and picked up the pen to scribble her name on the papers.
Before long, I was lying in operating room, ready for the transplant.
---------------------------------------------
“Oppa… do you know that I don’t mind risking my life for him…? I just want to see him wake up soon… I want to see him safe and sound…”
“But… Oppa… I don’t want him to ever feel sorry for me…”
I could feel wheezing acting up soon, so I gripped onto Oppa’s hand tighter, “I just want him to remember me always…”
My voice was barely audible this time.
“Oppa… it really aches me to remember the way he smiles so handsomely before…” My quivering fingers reached up to touch his lips gently.
“So please…please wake up soon… will you…?”
I unwrapped his slightly clenched fingers and put the last crane into his palm gently, “This is already the last crane… Please wake up…Oppa…”
I felt a sudden wave of weakness overwhelming me.
Tears could no longer be held back,
Instead they escaped from the corner of my eyes and made their way down my pale cheeks.
“P-Please… please wake up soon… I can’t hold on any longer…” I implored, in a hoarse whisper.
My head fell onto his shoulders weakly. I mustered the last tinge of strength in me to close my fingers around Changmin’s.
“I…” I began to breathe heavily, “I-I k-know… I can’t hold on any longer…”
“J-just promise me… w-wake up soon…” My heavy eyelids fell close. In the last breath, I whispered.
“Oppa.”
The last thing I felt was a warm tear on my cheeks.
Labels: by: Lyshim [sexy_green]



